A new player has come to Pattaya in terms of a fabulous new restaurant called Greyhound Cafe. The well known Asian chain has outlets in Bangkok, Hua Hin, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, and now Pattaya.
The first food outlet of this Bangkok fashion line was opened at the Emporium Shopping Complex in Bangkok in 1997, and was an instant success due to the creative director Bhanu Inkawat and his brilliant executive chef Sarisdiwongsee.
Together they developed the iconic menu that was was received so well by Bangkokers and has been delighting other nations ever since.
Greyhound Cafe Pattaya
Greyhound Cafe Pattaya is located at the Singha D’Luck Cinematic Theatre on Thepprasit Road. The two storey restaurant continues the Greyhound theme, it is ultra modern with fantastic interior design.
The black and white interior is festooned with clever and humorous decor, and the attentive and friendly staff have been extremely well trained. It all leads to a highly convivial atmosphere, a place where patrons can sit back and relax either for a leisurely Sunday brunch or for a pre-theatre dinner.
What amazes most people about the Greyhound, is that the swanky interior and exterior and the attentive liveried waiting staff, all point to expense. But nothing could be further from the truth.
The prices at the Greyhound for food and drink are more than reasonable, the portions good and the presentation superb. The menu offers a choice from Soup & Salad, Appetizers, Sandwiches and Burgers, Pasta, Noodle, European Main Dishes, Thai Main Dishes, Vegetarian Dishes and a selection of Desserts.
Here are a few selections from the different categories on the menu:
- Soup and Salad – Prawn Bisque with Fresh Cream, Italian Style Clam and Mussel Soup, Fresh Lasagna Salad, Soft-Shell Crab Salad.
- Appetizers – Tartine Dip, Crispy Ravioli with Salsa, Salmon Sashimi in Spicy Hot Sauce, Waterfall Mushroom and Tofu.
- Sandwiches and Burgers – Pita Pizza Italian Sausage, Buffalo Burger, Ham and Cheese Grill, Super Elvis Burger.
- Pasta – Crab Cannelloni, Fettuccini with Shrimp and Mushroom Cream Sauce, Spaghetti with Thai Anchovy.
- Noodle – Tokyo Soba, Fried Noodle with Sea Bass, Fried Rice Noodle with Chicken and Dried Squid.
- European Main Dish – Fish and Chips in Beer Batter, Simple Grilled Sea Bass, Grilled Salmon Steak on Green Bed.
- Thai Main Dish – Fried Rice with Dried Beef, Egg and Bacon Fried Rice, Kao Nam Prik Pla Tu, Spicy Fried Salmon with Holy Basil on Rice.
- Vegetarian Dish – Grilled Pumpkin and Tofu Salad, Vegetarian Phad Thai, Grilled Vegetarian Salad with Pesto Sauce.
If you have just visited Pattaya and enjoyed a visit to the Greyhound Cafe you may also be interested in moving here on a regular basis. Jomtien Property have some of the best houses to buy or condos to rent in Pattaya, then you may be eating out more often at the Greyhound Cafe.